The Mall at University Town Center “Show off Your UTC” campaign launch
The Mall at University Town Center Wants You to “Show off Your UTC”
The Photo Contest Will Award More Than $20,000 in Prizes, Including a $5,000 VIP Shopping Spree
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich., Sep. 2, 2014 – In celebration of the upcoming grand opening of The Mall at University Town Center (UTC) in Sarasota, Fla., shoppers have the opportunity to be the center of attention in the “Show off Your UTC” photo contest now through Sept. 30, 2014. The contest will award more than $20,000 in prizes, including one grand prize consisting of a $5,000 VIP shopping spree and several other exciting perks.
To enter, simply form or create the letters “UTC,” take a photo and then submit it through the “Show off Your UTC” contest on The Mall at UTC’s Facebook page. The submission with the most votes will win the grand prize. An overview of the contest is below:
- Form the letters UTC, take a photo and enter it for your chance to win. Individuals and groups can enter the contest and photos must be submitted Sept. 1 through 30, 2014 via the contest on the mall’s Facebook page (http://apps.facebook.com/MallatUTC).
- Entries will be reviewed during Oct. 1 through 9, 2014 and five photos will be selected to move into the semi-finalist round. Facebook fans of The Mall at UTC will then be invited to vote for their favorite photo Oct. 10 through 19, 2014, and may vote once per day. Every person who votes during this period will be entered for a chance to win a daily $1,000 shopping spree (10 prizes in total). The photo with the most votes wins the grand prize.
- Contest Prizes:
- The grand prize winner will be notified after Grand Opening weekend and receive: a $5,000 VIP shopping spree, one year of monthly valet parking, $250 in dining vouchers and a Santa Photo Package at The Mall at UTC.
- Finalists will be awarded the following: a $1,000 shopping spree and two tickets to The Mall at UTC’s Sneak Peek Charity Event (Oct. 15, 2014). All finalists will also have their photo entries showcased at the mall during Grand Opening weekend.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of entry date. Visit the mall’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MallatUTC) for full contest rules and restrictions.
To create some inspiring UTC images of their own, The Mall at UTC joined with local photographers – Barbara Banks and Detlev Von Kessel – and The Sarasota Ballet, Southeastern Guide Dogs, Lakewood Ranch High School’s cheerleading team and Waterlefe Golf and River Club. The images will be revealed during September on the mall’s Facebook page.
“The community has expressed tremendous enthusiasm and support for the Grand Opening of The Mall at University Town Center,” said Kim Dominguez, marketing and sponsorship director for the mall. “We anticipate strong contest participation and look forward to seeing the creativity of our shoppers as they ‘Show off their UTC.’”
For more information about the “Show off Your “UTC” photo contest, visit
www.facebook.com/MallatUTC and visit www.themallatuniversitytowncenter.com to sign up to receive the mall’s emails.
The Mall at University Town Center (UTC) opens Oct. 16, 2014. Located at I-75 and University Parkway, this world-class fashion and dining destination will feature approximately 880,000 square feet of retail space with Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, Dillard’s and more than 100 stores and restaurants. The shopping center will feature many distinctive retailers not found anywhere else in the local market, offering customers a diverse mix of fashion and lifestyle retailers, popular favorites, sit-down restaurants and a children’s play area. For information and updates, visit www.themallatuniversitytowncenter.com.